Salt Pillar

(Lot:)
The angels said to hurry
The Lord will judge our city
Theres safety in the mountains
Somewhere, that sits on higher ground
"Darling, let's run hand in hand, We cannot look behind us..."
Then all at once it happened
And i knew she had turned around

Seemed like i heard her say
"Run on, there's nothing left behind you."
I could almost hear her whisper
"Be strong, Dont ever slow down."

Its ringing in my ears
The silent testimonies
Oh, Salt pillar, i'll never turn around



Down through the years, since i started walking
Some friends have come and gone
I don't know why some changed their mind.

But in my memories, i see the monuments to failure
And now i know if i would listen, i could hear them testify

I can hear them saying
"Run on, there is nothing left behind you"
Those old friends are shouting
"Be strong, don't ever slow down"

Its ringing in my ears
All thier silent testimonies.
Oh, salt pillars
I'll never turn around

As i look ahead,
I can see a host of people
There's a great cloud of witnesses
And they've already run the race
while i'm down here running strong
I can hear their songs of Victory
And i know i can make it, i'm gonna make it
As i begin to pick up the pace

I can hear them singing
"Run on, there's nothing left behind you"
All the saints are shouting
"Be strong, Dont ever slow down"
It's ringing in my ears. ( i hear it ringing in my ears)
All their silent testimonies.

I won't be no salt pillar
I'll never turn around....


Oh, salt pillar
I'm still heaven bound.


No place to go back, detour, or turn around.


Lyrics & music by Rev. Tom Trimble (The Trimbles Creative Ministries)
For more awesome songs and the sunday sermon, please click here.

P.s lyrics posted were transcribed by yours truly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate

Lazy Weekend